Saturday 20 October 2012

Stars

It's really hard trying to get this blog to catchup with all the things I've done this year, it feels a little messy and overwhelming. But then, maybe I'm just being dramatic.

This is from a project I did about Buddhism. As a philosophy I find it endlessly interesting, and I tried to steer my work that way. But I was ultimately drawn to the magical, fantastical aspects of it. 

Most interesting to me were the formless who have no physical body only exist as a mind. I read a passage during my research in which the way they were described made me think that they may in fact be the stars. There's something interesting in the idea that the stars are a mass of consciousness, completely oblivious to the world around them and role they play in the universe, yet on a level of happiness that we cannot begin to imagine. That's probably what I will explore more in the future of this project. 


No comments:

Post a Comment